Saturday, October 3, 2009

Redesign of my gun shop's website: First draft is live

I voluntarily passed up my usual Saturday trip to the range to do a labor of love for the gun shop where I work. We currently have a cookie-cutter one-size-fits-all business website done by some clueless outfit somewhere.

I'm a web designer by trade and even I couldn't make their so-called control panel work to update the site beyond a simple text change and even that took two or three tries to get completed.

So I decided to volunteer my so-called free time and redesign the site. The first draft is up and live here. The current and soon-to-be-defunct site is here.

I'd appreciate my handful of readers taking a gander at my redesign work and telling me whether it sucketh as bigtime as the current site. One note, the family who owns the shop really likes their yellow business card and insists that it's their "logo" so I had to use it on the redesigned site.

No comments: