Monday, March 16, 2009

How and why women should learn to carry a gun

If you, like me, have had a difficult time trying to interest your wife in firearms, here's an essay from a blog called Women of Caliber on Why this woman carries a firearm.

I'll just list her reasons. The entire essay has the details.

I carry a firearm to ensure my children are educated about firearm safety, not the victims of some other child’s(or adult’s) ignorance.

I carry a firearm because I don’t trust my “gift for gab.”

I carry a firearm because I am a mother (or an aunt, grandmother, sister, etc)—a calling which I take very seriously. As a mother I have no other critical responsibility than to take care of myself AND those entrusted to be in my care.

I carry a firearm to help the nation which I live in and raise my family in, to be strong and secure.

I carry a firearm because I know my physical limits.

I carry a firearm because I prefer my close encounters to be for love, not fighting.

I carry a firearm because I hate waiting and wondering.

I carry a firearm because I am an independent woman, not a statistic.

I carry a firearm because as a woman, I’m all about being prepared.

I carry a firearm because as a woman I have the privilege of giving life.

No comments: