Friday, June 18, 2010

Ruger Bearcat finally comes home and is going to the range tomorrow

Today I finally paid off a stainless Ruger Bearcat .22LR single-action 6-shooter I had on layaway since May 25 at the gunshop where I work.

Somebody traded in a barely used Bearcat that doesn't have a mark on it and may not have even been fired. Let me quote Ruger on the Bearcat.

Understated Elegance. The Ruger® New Bearcat® is different from other single-action revolvers. Smaller, lighter, and based on older Remington® single-actions of the 1800's, it has a one-piece cylinder frame that also forms its compact grip. It has been described as "a mechanical jewel," and is the smallest and lightest .22 LR caliber single-action made by Ruger.
Compact and perfectly proportioned for .22 LR caliber ammunition, it is easy to carry and fits comfortably in a backpack or tackle box. Fulfilling the ideal of a smaller "kit gun" style .22 LR caliber single-action revolver, it is perfect for hikers, campers, boaters, small game hunters, or just about anyone who needs a dependable .22 LR revolver for the trail.
It's 24 ounces of stainless steel and rosewood with some of the best "understated elegance" I've ever seen. It's probably a bit too small for my big mits, but I think I can manage it. I'm hopeful I'll find out tomorrow at the range, if the good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise. Even if the creek does rise.
 
And I'm betting it's gonna be just right for my three grandsons, all of whom are already big enough to shoot, plus my two granddaughters who will be big enough before I know it.

It's been so long since I've shot anything I might have forgot how. Grass to mow tomorrow and no doubt there'll be a poolful of friends and family, but if at all possible I'm gonna sneak off the range sometime. I just gotta shoot the little Bearcat.

No comments: