Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Steyr returning pistols to U.S. market with MA1 and SA1 9mm & .40

Great news from one of my favorite pistol manufacturers, Steyr-Mannlicher of Steyr, Austria. The U.S. distributor is Steyr Arms of Trussville, Alabama.

Steyr Arms Importing Additional Pistols!

spacerMain Content Inline Small
We are pleased to announce that Steyr Arms will again import the Steyr MA-1 and SA-1 line of pistols starting in August.  SAI will import additional quantities of both models in both a 9mm version as well as a .40 S&W.  The MA-1 and the SA-1 were two of Steyr's best selling models, but the fall of the dollar versus the euro over the last several years caused the price point to escalate far too high to import.  Internationally, the pistols sell for 610 Euro or over $800 at a 1.4 exchange rate.  However, SAI felt the price point needed to be much lower to truly compete in the US market.  Due to a bulk buying agreement with Austria and the recent rise of the dollar against the Euro, it became much more economical to import some additional pistols into the USA.  Starting in August, SAI will be re-releasing both the MA-1 and SA-1 versions at a suggested retail price of $649.  We are very excited to be able to offer these items again to the Steyr fanatics out there.  Thank you for all of the emails and feedback over the last two years encouraging us to bring back the pistol!  For more information about the pistol series, see your local Steyr retailer or call us at 205-655-8299. To see specs on the SA-1pistol click here.  To see specs on the MA-1 pistol click here.
I've got a Steyr M9-A1 and used to have a very rare Steyr M357-A1 that I sold when it got more valuable to others than me. 
That's the .357 Sig at left and the 9mm at right.
Steyr makes a better pistol than Glock, but most people have never heard of them. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a Steyr S9-A1, of which only a few have ever been imported to the U.S. thus far.
The grip angle is not as steep as the Glock and more natural pointing to everybody who's ever held my Steyrs.
It also has a better trigger than Glock, lighter and smoother, and the trapezoidal sights are superior to any combat-type quick-acquisition sight I've ever seen. It's just a better pistol than most manufacturers, not just Glock.

I am really delighted to see Steyr get back into the U.S. market. Welcome back to America, Steyr!

3 comments:

Scott McCray said...

(Seems like) Eons ago I had a Steyr GB - that was a sweet weapon. But that's another "shouldn't have sold it" stories. Sigh.

netfotoj said...

I've seen only one genuine GB, sweet pistol. I'd love to get a shot at one, definite keeper.

Scott McCray said...

Yep - I sure do miss mine. It's sad what being young and broke will do to a gun collection. Now that I'm much older, 20/20 hindsight tells me I should have sold something else!