Friday, September 19, 2008

Obama: Economic plan is above my pay grade

As my daddy used to say, when you chunk a rock into a dog fight, the hit dog hollers.

Obama had to respond to McCain's economic plan offered this morning and here's his response:

"Sorry folks, an economic plan is above my pay grade. But trust me. I'll come up with one after you elect me President."

Reuters provides a quote:
"Given the gravity of this situation, and based on conversations I have had with both Secretary Paulson and Chairman Bernanke, I have asked my economic team to refrain from presenting a more detailed blue-print of how an immediate plan might be structured until the Treasury and the Federal Reserve have had an opportunity to present their proposal."
I just watched his speech and his answers to questions from the media and the gist of it was somewhere between "McCain stole my plan that I got from Paul Volcker but hadn't got around to announcing yet" to "We need to appoint a bipartisan commission to come up with a plan" to "We need to ask the G20 to come up with a plan" to "I can't tell you what my plan is right now because President Bush's Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson hasn't sent me his plan yet" to "Let's not make any rash decisions right now and give Henry Paulson and Ben Bernacke time to come up with a plan."

I know Obama ain't president yet, but he don't. He's laboring under the delusion that the Fed chief Bernacke and the Treasury chief Paulson are already working for him and he just can't understand why they haven't reported in to him yet and sent him their plans on what to do. Maybe his email got deleted off their list by that hacker that stole Sarah Palin's email account.

As I said earlier, Obama ain't got a plan, ain't got a clue how to come up with one and nobody in his campaign staff has got a clue either because they're the same ones who got us in this mess.

But just trust the Obamessiah, he'll take care of all us stupid rednecks once he's in power.

No comments: