Monday, September 14, 2009

Obama's advertising icon coming back to haunt him

Work, or as the late Maynard G. Krebs used to shriek "Work!" has been taking up all my spare time lately so my apologies to both or maybe all three of the regular readers of my blog.

I taught my first N.C. Concealed Carry Handgun class this Saturday and I'm still recovering. In addition to being mentally exhausting, it was hot at the firing range and I was sweating like a hog. And obviously I didn't drink enough fluids because when I got to my car to leave, this massive cramp hit my right calf like a hot knife. I'm still limping around today. Excuses, excuses.

Anyway, after working at home today posting firearms on gunbroker for the gun shop where I work, I finally found time to look at this 8:09 minute video about Barack Hussein Obama's iconic logo. Bad news is it seemed to bamboozle enough people before the election to get him elected.

But good news is now that voters are beginning to wake up and realize what a shoddy bill of goods they bought, that same logo is becoming a swiftly growing symbol of protest and ridicule.

Pajamas MediaTV sez:
Barack Obama ran an unprecedented Presidential campaign - utilizing the power of design to help secure the seat of the President of the United States of America. However, his iconic emblem, the ever present "O", holds more power than even Obama knows. Bill Whittle points out the dangers of branding an ideology with an icon and how, perhaps, the powerful symbol will be used against the very man it built up. - http://www.pjtv.com

Sounds like poetic justice to me. Live by advertising image, die by advertising image. You can fool some of the people some of the time but you can't fool all of the people all of the time. Another politician from Illinois said that once upon a time. Haven't heard Obama quote that.

Reminds me of one of Dave Barry's better lines. What does the "O" in the O'Possum's name stand for? The last thought that goes through the poor dumb critter's brain when he sees the headlights of an oncoming vehicle while crossing the highway, "Oh hell! I'm a goner now!"

No comments: