Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Ruger Bearcat: 24 ounces of "elegant" stainless steel and rosewood

The revolver bug has truly bitten yours truly. Today I put a stainless Ruger Bearcat .22LR single-action 6-shooter on layaway.

Somebody traded in a barely used Bearcat that doesn't have a mark on it and may not have even been fired. And I couldn't resist. Let me quote Ruger on the Bearcat.
Understated Elegance. The Ruger® New Bearcat® is different from other single-action revolvers. Smaller, lighter, and based on older Remington® single-actions of the 1800's, it has a one-piece cylinder frame that also forms its compact grip. It has been described as "a mechanical jewel," and is the smallest and lightest .22 LR caliber single-action made by Ruger.
Compact and perfectly proportioned for .22 LR caliber ammunition, it is easy to carry and fits comfortably in a backpack or tackle box. Fulfilling the ideal of a smaller "kit gun" style .22 LR caliber single-action revolver, it is perfect for hikers, campers, boaters, small game hunters, or just about anyone who needs a dependable .22 LR revolver for the trail.
It's 24 ounces of stainless steel and rosewood with some of the best "understated elegance" I've ever seen. It's probably a bit too small for my big mits, but I think I can manage it. And I'm betting it's gonna be just right for my three grandsons, all of whom are already big enough to shoot, plus my two granddaughters who will be there before I know it.

How could I resist? If customers at the gun shop don't stop trading in such delightfully beautiful firearms, I'm gonna be broke for the rest of my life.

But you gotta spend your money on something, it might as well be something beautiful and functional as well. And I'm just being a responsible grandfather, taking seriously my responsibility to teach my grandchildren how to shoot, right? Whatever, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 comment:

spanky_mouse said...

Your grandkids are very lucky to have you. Some of my best, childhood memories are of shooting with my dad. This is a work of art, an amazing firearm. And cute too :)