Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gun magic: Broke S&W .22 transformed into a new M1 Carbine

Now for some gun magic. Watch me while I transform a S&W 317 .22LR 8-shooter that broke when I first shot it -- and was replaced with a brand-new one by Smith & Wesson in a gracious act of customer service...
...into something entirely different. Ready? Abbra caddabbra, shalakazammmmmmmmmmm!
It's an AOM160 Auto-Ordnance M1 Carbine "Tactical Folding Stock Model". I figured I could use a home-defense semi-auto carbine more than another .22 pistol, so when the new S&W 317 came into the gun shop from the factory, I traded it for the carbine. (I'm one of the few gun nuts on the planet who don't like ARs or AKs. I shot an AR, "not my style, said Casey." I owned two SKS models, regular and paratroop, shot both and found them to be accurate enough to barely hit a barn door, sold them both.)


I scored three 30-rd. South Korean-military mags from CDNN, stocked up on 200 rds. of .30 Cal. Carbine ammo from the gun shop and was all ready to go shooting today. Then I came down with an attack of old age.


As one of my senior friends said (who has since gone on to his eternal reward) "Old age is not for sissies.)

No comments: