Monday, September 20, 2010

9mm Kel-Tec PF9 gets a Crimson Trace Lasergrip accuracy boost

If any pistol needs a Crimson Trace Lasergrip -- and all could use one -- the ultracompact 9mm Kel-Tec PF9 simply cries for one. The smaller the pistol or revolver, the greater the necessity for a lasersight to take the focus off the ridiculously short sight radius and put the focus where it belongs, on the threat in front.

The Kel-Tec PF9 has a 3" barrel, which I can shoot fairly accurately, but with a CT Lasergrip I'm expecting to do better than just fair. I'm expecting an improvement not only in accuracy but in total overall effectiveness. The 8-shot head-shot group at right is shot from 10 yards standing Isosceles hold with my PF9 with iron sights. Not bad, if I do say so myself.

Today my PF9 got a CT Lasergrip and I can't wait to try it out. As soon as I installed it, I got a pleasant surprise, no adjustment necessary to align the red dot with the iron sights -- dead on center of the three dot sights!

And since I already have total confidence in the iron sights, I can do the same with the CT Lasergrip. But I still want to testfire it. That'll have to wait until Saturday, but I'm going to carry it tomorrow as is. Woo hoo!

No comments: