Sunday, September 12, 2010

A vision of America post-feminist-progressive-Obama-revolution victory

Chris Muir's Day by Day Sunday cartoon is a perfect illustration of a brief conversation I had with a pair of "progressives" this morning in my adult Sunday School class. During prayer requests, one member mentioned 9/11 being the day before and requested prayer for our troops. I made a considerably non-PC comment about "Arab terrorists" which prompted an expected response from the two "progressives" in my class.

Husband "progressive" says Arab terrorists were justified on 9/11 by what America has done in invading their lands. I asked what Arab country we had invaded to provoke 9/11 and wife "progressive" responds, "Iraq." I shut down the exchange at that point and went on my Sunday School class.

But being the U.S. invasion of Iraq began in March 2003, how did that justify the attack on New York City and the Pentagon on Sept. 11, 2001? Pre-emptive terrorism based on what we would do 18 months later?

2 comments:

jin kazama said...

nice blog...
i like your artical...

that is my blog... you are welcome...
mr. jin kazama 3xxL

Toaster 802 said...

You a better man than I. I find lately that about the time some twit gets to "It's America's fault", I have to be physically restrained...