Thursday, September 9, 2010

Rhino revolver could cause a halt to brief suspension of gun buying

I shouldn't say this out loud, much less put it in writing here in my blog, but I must admit I'm sorta kinda caught up on gun buying. For a while. Maybe. Anyway, I'm pretty well fixed right now for carry handguns and fun guns, too, so I've resisting putting something in the layaway safe at the gun shop where I work for about a week now.

And I did the heretofore unspeakable, I actually put a gun back in the counter after first laying it away, a North American Arms .22 Magnum mini-revolver. I'm not a woman, but I can change my mind. I might get an NAA .22 Magnum one of these days, but not right now.

I'll probably fall of the wagon soon as I have some money to blow and one thing that would do it would be this new Chiappa Firearms Rhino revolver. With the bore axis down low, it looks every controllable in .357 Magnum. The barrel aligns with the bottom of the cylinder instead of the top like all other revolvers.

I really like the looks of the stainless steel model with the 2" barrel.

If this strange-looking beast shoots as sexy as it looks, it's gonna be a real hot seller. We don't have any Rhinos at the gun shop where I work, but they'll show up sooner or later.

Until then, here's a video of the Rhino .357 Magnum in rapid fire. Note it has very little muzzle flip.

1 comment:

roger said...

I just got a 2" Rhino last week for my gun collection. I find it attractiove, very solid made, even black finish, DA trigger pull is a bit stiff, and single action light. The lever (it is not a hammer) atop cocks the internal mechinism to shoot SA. It is also very heavy to pull. Down side i doubt if te horrid trigger pull can be lightened because of the wire springs used internaly.
I only paid $675. and it did come with a quality leather holster.
I read mine is in the 1st batch of 200 just released. Chippa contracts a small italian show with 10 employees to produce this gun. Longer versions may be a while.
All in all it is innovative. I have it displayed right next to the Ruger LCR